10/9/15

Modern Delusion / Chresus Jist - split 7" + new Modern Delusion LP [2014/2015]


Yet another release from Doomtown Records. This was out last year in support of Modern Delusion's tour with Chresus Jist and limited to 300 copies.

Modern Delusion delivers three numb hymns in their traditional synth-punk/new wave style and this time the songs are even more darker and gloomier then on their debut “Wasteland” tape. If you like Lost Sounds, The Spits (minus the comic relief side) or Devo you’ll probably be into this trio.

On the flipside, Chresus Jist are presenting three noisy, surfy and catchy lo-fi gems similar to new era of noisy garage pop bands and Sub Pop scene. Lets just say there’s a slight touch of early Jesus & Mary Chain and the Pixies in their sound.

This was sold out from the label but we restocked a very few copies from the band and you can get it here.  Also, if you like Modern Delusion make sure to check their highly praised debut tape. You can read recent write on Wasteland tape on Terminal Boredom here.

In the meantime, Modern Delusion
managed to craft twelve memorable songs for their highly anticipated debut LP called Days of Us.

"Days of Us" captures bleak atmosphere and isolation caused by living in the big city on some shitty part of the world and the 4-track lo-fi production doesn't hurt either. Wide range of influences come from some classic synth punk sounds like Devo, The Screamers or Units and there's definitely some obvious influence from Yugoslavian post-punk/new wave scene and bands such as Paraf and some contemporary stuff not unlike Jay Reatard's Lost Sounds. But this is not straight up death rock, post-punk or goth revival band, Modern Delusion build up their own trademark sound with strong melancholic touch and vocals soaked in reverb backed up with punk attitude and primitive raw sound.

Stream new LP here: https://doomtownrecords.bandcamp.com/album/modern-delusion-days-of-us-12

You can buy new Modern Delusion LP , Wasteland tape, split 7" with Chresus Jist and other Doomtown releases via Doomtown Records official store.
If you’re interested in a wholesale deal get in touch via email here: doomtownrec@gmail.com

We still have some limited copies of Savageheads 7", Generacion Suicida 12", Warsong 12", Catholic Guilt 7″, Black Gust 7" and Divided Minds 7" available from our catalogue.

DL

M.

1 comment:

  1. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through Olubi Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete